Sunday, January 24, 2021

A running start

And so it begins. The dreams. The doubts. And the planning. 2020 was a terrible year for running. It was hobbled by a November 2019 mystery strain and even though I managed to pull myself together for a few stretches of training, and competed in a few races, it was dismal. Every time I gained some momentum a niggle would appear. Every time a niggle appeared, I would wind it back, rehab and then cautiously build back up till the next set back. 2020 though was a year of uncertain events. I had two events converted into virtual runs. Major events fell off the calendar with all the Covid fears and precautions stripping out much to train towards. 

It began well with a New Years Day run, and the first 24 days of the year have accrued over 125km (2021 it took April to get so far, but incidentally in my best year, 2019, it took me 24 days to get to the same mark). 

Anyway, the planning begins and these are the events I'm currently lining up:

- Coatesville Half Marathon (14 February)

- The Dual trail marathon (10 April)

No comments: