Thursday, June 10, 2004

5:00pm Oh, dear.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Mentions of teaching stamina seem so distant in the past. I am feeling flat as cat, stuck to a railway track. At about 12pm, my will crumbled and I was left just lurching around the classroom clueless. Fortunately, I wasn't alone and the class was not chaotic. After the lunch break I did a lesson which idea-wise was superb. The management-side of things was slightly lacking in forethought but another good class. Exhausting though. Most of my tiredness came from the late night that formulated that and other classes, so what goes around comes around.

The reliever had his last day today, back with my original supervising teacher from tomorrow. The reliever seems indefatigable. He controls the class, writes down copious notes for me and does so at a higher speed than most others. After class yesterday I commented that he should have a good rest now that the class is over. But no, he was off to tutor two Korean girls English for another 2 hours.

That is the sort of endurance I would love to have.

Now, I need to balance some time to recuperate, with some time to plan and some time to not do anything but go straight to bed.

No comments: