Monday, April 26, 2004

My first post on BlogSpot.

Surrealism is an interesting concept.

Surrealism n. A 20th-century literary and artistic movement that attempts to express the workings of the subconscious and is characterized by fantastic imagery and incongruous juxtaposition of subject matter.

Here was my surrealistic day~

Life has no gravity, horizontal.. vertical.. horizontal... vertical. Day after day.
Spinning through space time. Rotating.

So it was on this morning, my spine became perpendicular again (by most mathematical measures).
The erection of my body from the depths of my sack of sheets was a laborious effort.
Then it was down the chute. My head followed the same old watercourse, no control, none needed.
I washed up at school. No splash. Just a stagger to my seat.

We learned of the blood and bones of language today. The dissecting of tongues and the discovery of the little bones in the ear sent some to bathroom in an awful hurry. Schwa. Schwa. We could see the sinews and tendons of the lecturer's words, not really listening to the meaning of his lesson.

He was just a pile of blood and bones anyway.

Higher I rose, climbing the walls. My company was stagnant, humming quitely. I talked endlessly.
He was filled with my silly ideas, taking note of my every point. A soulless friend.
Higher again I rose. Till I came to a crossroads. A fairy danced up right next to me and took me by the hand. We talked of tales, till food came to our heads. Night came and I was whisked away by time.

I went down, and down, till there was only darkness, guided by a bright light. I went far away, and saw in the cosmos, a mad world had caught a small girl (5). Of milk, a man would drink yet still take. Of water, there seemed so much in a land so baked. Yet it was all the same. The curtain of night fell even further, and the girl was cloaked in the gloom. That was the last I saw of her.

Flying home in my seat. I could reflect on a day near complete. My body yearned for another turn, to meet with my mattrice in another horizontal slumber.

No comments: