Wednesday, April 28, 2004

With my blog spot still in diapers, I suddenly find myself with ideas for posts seeping from my eyes and ears. Two nights ago, an idea or revelation kept me up. I wanted to write about it but found myself too tired. "Tomorrow!" And off to sleep I went. Yesterday came and while walking to pub quiz, I was again struck with a compelling daydream idea. "That would be a great post!", two to write about now. Regrettably time did not allow me to write either so I just scraped together notes on the Uni computers. Bussing to Xin's house, I suddenly remembered parts of my dreams. For now, that is what I will blog, "Fate" and "Leadership" will come later.

I dreamt last night about being in a boat. A shark, Jaws perhaps, burst headfirst from beneath the deck. The boat was damaged badly, some went into the water and pushed the boat, kicking in the water. There was no fear in that part of the dream. Later on, we got to an island, suddenly I found myself in a cave passage, and both the entrance and exit were guarded by snakes. I had no exit. I awoke.

I dream of vicious animals a lot. I can remember numerous dreams with sharks in them. Dream interpretation is not a hobby of mine. I just checked now, apparently sharks can mean "unpleasant emotions or difficult and painful materials coming up from the unconscious" or "dishonest friends" or "financial difficulties". None of those things seem a part of my life right now. Water is meant to indicate "subconsciousness". Maybe I should consider my own thought as to what "sharks" mean in my dreams. I am interested because I can't remember there being fear with such vicious animals in my dreams.

No comments: