Friday, February 04, 2005

All in a day's work

This has been probably the most varied day I have had for a while.

Early in the morning, before the sun rose, I got up, shovelled breakfast, and got my ass out the door to Xin's bus-stop. We had agreed to help out Stage 2 at an early morning NZ Post promotion at Britomart, which was interesting. I yelled out "I love YOU!" "Take me to Paris!" "Be my Valentine!" and generally competing with my fellow helpers for the affection of cautious commuters. There were some people I met that were quite interesting. One got quite carried away with his interpretation of the meaning of "Who knows where your heart will lead you" which was written on the leaflet. I actually wish I had a chance to re-do that conversation because I would have liked to respond just as positively as he was. Then there was another who wanted to find the political motives behind the campaign. For my labours, I have free membership to Stage 2 (which is a drama club) and also a free red t-shirt.

On the way home, we observed many people who didn't know that Stagecoach decided to cease service between 9:30am and 2pm. It was reported in the paper, the radio and also there were notices on SOME bus shelters. But not on Mt Eden road bus shelters (and maybe other places but I can't be sure). So as Xin and I drove for shopping we stopped to tell people that the bus was not coming (no doubt confirming doubts that many of them were having).

Then it was shopping and lunch at Xin's house.

And then back home for applying to a Term 2 vacancy and dinner. Then packing for my trip tomorrow~

Anyway, it has been nice to get back into action!

No comments: