Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Learning New Habits, Instincts and Routines (Shitiao)

Some people live their lives quite solitarily or independently. As a result it is their routines and habits that result in their productivity.

When one such person (or two) is suddenly spending large proportions of their time with another person then suddenly habits and routines are suddenly thrown into disorganisation. Personal routines cannot work well with another person being foremost in your mind and life. So adaptation has to occur.

Spending several days with Xin, I have found myself unable to get myself organised. My body doesn't know when to wake, sleep or hunger. Around other people I am quite reactive, rather than active. What happens when two primarily reactive people wait for each other to move onto the next thing to do?

I find some lessons of life in this predicament. But it is these challenges that prompt personal progress.

No comments: