Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Coz' this is the aftermath

The first week back from practicum was a struggle but it is only in the second week that the smoke has really started to clear. Post-practicum trauma was a hidden epidemic that is only now coming to light. I was stricken but with the eventual meeting with the course co-ordinator allowed me to release my burden and by doing so I have prevented another person being stuck with such a pedagogically deficit practicum school. Yesterday (Monday) I bumped into another agrieved classmate who was quite determined to go to the student who was due to go to her school in the next practicum and tell him how terrible it will be. I calmed her down and said that we should go to the administrator first. But she didn't come today. Then, in the middle of a lecture another disgruntled student suddenly unleashed pent up frustration upon a lecturer mid-lesson. It was embarrassing and awkward for everyone. The lecturer, being put on the spot, politely asked to meet with this person but was spurned twice.

After class, I met with another few students and we discussed things and then other concerns and worries arose.

There is a right way and a wrong way to air such problems. I think it is interesting that people still struggle to air their worries in a proper forum.

No comments: