Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Where is the asymptote?

I ran this morning and registered 9:10, a mere 7 seconds faster than last time. My ever-receding target time is now just to inch my way past the 9 minute mark. I think where any extra speed will come from is the beginning where I am usually sluggish and usually have the same doubts whether I will actually be able to do the whole circuit without stopping. I have two time markers to check my progress. The 2:48 intersection and the 6 minute roundabout.

So up steps plan B! I will shift to the greater block for a week before coming back to the lesser block. Practising the greater block will give me a bit of variety and stretch my endurance rather than speed.

4 comments:

James said...

Now I want to do your running course, just to see what time I would register. Can you show me it the next time I'm around at your house?

Crypticity said...

Heh, sure. You should be able to whip around it in 8 minutes or better, I reckon. Just name a day and a time later.

James said...

Not likely. I think I run the same speed whatever distance - be it ultra-marathon or 100 metres.

Crypticity said...

Well, even at your Jaymo-pace you should be able to make fairly quick work of it~! I would conservatively say that you SHOULD get in the 7-8 minute bracket. Less if you put in the effort near the end and don't take the wrong road. A-ha! That will put pressure on you should you run it! My screwy feet are laughing at you! You must prove yourself to stop them laughing.