Monday, August 30, 2004

Mindblowing~ Time is on my side~

Sometimes I get a revelation that is obvious to myself. Even though I felt like things were going well in class, for the most part, in the last week, there was something that was obviously missing. A control of time. This is rather a large flaw in any wish to control a class. But I hadn't asked about what specific times I should be transitioning between activities. I just was checking randomly throughout the days.

But I am a chronocentric kind of person. I run by the clock. Of course, if I have no idea of time to set my pace and bearing, I will list and lurch from one activity to another. So, I made little cards for each day, which have the appropriate timing for every activity. And today it worked a charm!

This was good, as today was when I effectively taught to 12pm, doing the reading session solo (unexpectedly so, my associate did a runner till then). Also I had a rough night of sleeplessness last night, making me envy my nightmare-filled night previously. In other words, I was glad that I had something going for me. It was a bearable day, but my head feels as if it were in a fish-bowl.

Suddenly, my brain has moved into a metaphysical philosophical realm, hailing back to my philosophical taoist days. I had a mentally-generated image (MGI), a vision if you will, about the whole fabric of the universe and time. It doesn't translate into words well, and I can't draw it, but I like it.

My most interesting other thought of the day was courtesy of a TV2 news programme, for the youth market who can't be stuffed watching TV one or TV3 news. It is called Flipside, which starts at 5pm. It has the function where if you wanted to comment on a news item, that you can text in your thoughts and it will run across the bottom of the screen. I think that is pretty cool in that it makes an awareness of issues more interesting and interactive. Also, one thing that we are actually taught in our Education diploma, txtmsg language is almost too pervasive to ignore. Reading those messages, I can see why.

1 comment:

Crypticity said...

Well, tonight has been unexpectedly productive. I am prepared for all the school day up to 2pm. I can lead the class for all but one hour! And that hour I will be doing stuff too. So I'm on the verge of doing the whole day. The last hour is the hardest to prepare for though...

Ah, I am strangely confident, now. And will get to sleep before 11pm.